Music
by Andy Moore on March 13, 2014

wiz-khalifa-sxsw

So full disclosure: about 35% of our excitement for this video stems from it taking place at Woven House, where BroBible is hosting its own party this Saturday. But the other 65% is strictly a musical contact high, specifically from Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa, who dropped the heavy-hitting “We Dem Boyz” on an unsuspecting SXSW crowd Wednesday night.

Our buddies at Uproxx threw this party, which included DJ Skee turning the tables, the Rebirth Brass Band bringing N’awlins to Austin, and finally a #RespectTheWest set from Snoop, who had attracted a crowd that ultimately included Lady Gaga, Kendrick Lamar, and a few other heavy hitters. The fans saw a fiercely energetic set—a couple of Taylor Gang members may actually be doing a plyometrics routine here—and the unexpected sight of America’s two favorite weed rappers dropping some lines that’re anything but chill.

If you’re in Austin, by the way, stop by the House tonight for Nice Kicks’ party. Locksmith, Troy Ave, Stalley, and BroBible DJ Tim Gunter will all be performing.

[H/T: Hot New Hip Hop]

Andy Moore

About Andy Moore...