We all know them: the New York or L.A. girls who love only one thing more than their beloved salads with grilled chicken: sushi. And even better: eating "sushi with my girls." According to a brand-new blog, "Sushi With My Girls!!!", someone who is "sushi" is "A-MAZING, possesses all of the qualities of what is stereotypically jappy, but is not necessarily Jewish. Obviously, this person LOVES sushi. You don’t have to be female to be sushi, but you almost certainly have a direct relationship with a member/ thousands of members of the Sushi 12 Conference: UPenn, Cornell, Emory, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, BU, Wash U, Syracuse, GW, Arizona, Maryland."
Needless to say, we've all had our run-ins with sushi girls, and the blog's accompanying Top 99 list of things that are "sushi" will probably ring a few bells. A selection of our favorite items from the list is after the jump.
7.Vodka Soda- aka “The Linds”- the greatest drink ever (low cal, obv)
10. Someone you lived with in college attended one of these high schools: Dalton, Horace Mann, Scarsdale, Great Neck East, Syosset, Jericho, Highland Park, Newton South, Cross Roads or Harvard Westlake.
19. First apartment in NYC- The Caroline or Windsor Court
20. For bros who crave the continuation of the frat life- until their job and their Sushette turn them into their dad- we’ll see you on the StuyTown basketball courts this weekend.
21. Second Apartment- 300 Mercer.
22. Third Apartment- West Village studio or 1BR (So mature).
23. Work hard play harder… until you’re 26 and you HAVE to get engaged.
31. Salad 5 days per week? Need to stay healthy till you splurge… on SUSHI!
39. Slumming in college meant an extended period sleeping with a lacrosse player. But that is so DUNZO. Now it is strictly older guys who can afford the best sushi.
45. Come to my Joint birthday party with Jordana on the LES… I would so never live there, though, GROSS… But it’s so fun to go out down there! You better come (And feel free to bring whoever).
59. “I was deciding between Michigan, Emory and Wash U.” Translation- I got rejected early decision from Penn.
60. “I went to Wisconsin because I wanted to have fun.” Translation- I couldn’t get into Michigan, Emory or Wash U.
63. Let’s go to a sports bar on Saturday or Sunday- TO MEET GUYS!
90. Private equity. Not sure what it is, but I so want to date a guy who does it!
92. Scarves…in 50 degree weather!
93. “Excuse me. Can you take a picture?…Hold on; let me see it really quick… Do you mind taking another?(Let’s do the kissie face with this one)…Ok, you can take it now. Thanks!”
Read the full list over here.