Over the past year, national treasure Will Ferrell and foul beer Old Milwaukee have teamed up to do one of the stranger things in advertising history, producing increasingly bizarre commercials which only air in small markets like Davenport, Iowa, Terre Haute, Indiana, and Milwaukee itself. In the ads, Ferrell drinks beer on a rooftop in Terre Haute, fishes in a Davenport river, and sings a jingle while riding a bike through Milwaukee, among other things. The spots are, for lack of a better word, insane.
The joke seemingly culminated with a one-off Super Bowl commercial that literally only aired in North Platte, Nebreska. It featured Ferrell, in a field, slowly walking to the camera, only to have him be cut off before he even got out the full name of "Old Milwaukee." That was eight months ago. The bizarre chapter in Ferrell's career was now over.
Except: Yesterday, Funny or Die's Twitter account alerted its 4.5 million followers to a series of new commercials that Ferrell apparently filmed in Sweden and that are only airing in the country (perhaps because Ferrell's wife is from there). We've found five uploaded online as early as three weeks ago. They're just as head-scratching and hilarious as the American ads. Check them out below.
1. Ferrell stands in front of a Swedish sign that says "Infart." You can guess where this is going:
2. The jacket, the mustache, the giddy grin as he rides around on a bicycle. What more do you need?
3. On a boat, crying about an "Elena." Shades of "the glass case of emotion" in this one.
4. Spraying a beer to dubstep. This may have been thought up, filmed, and edited in 45 seconds.
5. And, our favorite: Ferrell speaking Swedish while driving a boat with a blonde beauty in the passenger seat. According to Slate, he says, "This is my boat. This is my woman. And this is my beer. Old Milwaukee. It's all right."
We'll, of course, keep an eye out for any new ads that come out of the Nordic country, or any other place in the world Ferrell turns up next. God only knows what goes through that man's head.