It’s time to put away your razors and put up your glasses. The Stanley Cup Playoffs begin tonight. There is no greater postseason in professional sports. Anyone who tells you otherwise? Well, they’re soft. They probably couldn’t tell you what an odd-man rush is either. Play our drinking game with us while you watch, won’t you?
ONE DRINK for each:
- Dead puck
TWO DRINKS for each:
- Two-minute penalty
- Power-play goal
- Mention of a playoff beard
- Time Ilya Bryzgalov’s thoughts on the universe are mentioned.
- Time Niklas Kromwall puts a bone-crushing hit on someone
- Shot of Carrie Underwood in the stands.
- Time former Philly Boys Jeff Carter and Mike Richards score a point
- Time an announcer questions Roberto Luongo’s toughness.
- Time Erik Karlsson is declared the next great NHL defenseman
- Minute Brandon Prust spends in the penalty box
- Alexander Ovechkin goal
- Zdeno Chara poke-check that no normally sized defender could make
- Joe Thornton assist
- Time someone you’ve never heard of before scores a goal
- Patrick Kane’s mullet referenced
- Time Mike Smith makes a miraculous save.
- Time Martin Brodeur lets in a goal he would have easily stopped 10 years ago
THREE DRINKS for any:
- Shorthanded goal
- Player sent away before a faceoff
- Empty-net goal
- Time Sidney Crosby is mentioned in a game he’s not participating in
- Mention of the New York Rangers’ 1994 title
FIVE DRINKS for any:
- Five-minute penalty
- Jeremy Roenick tear
DRINK CONTINUOUSLY when:
- A fight that breaks out
DRINK EVERYTHING IN SIGHT for any:
- Goal scored by a goalie
- Check that breaks glass