Here are this morning's top headlines...
- Politics: Charlotte, Cleveland, Minneapolis, and St. Louis are vying to host the Democratic National Convention 2012. The Republicans will hold their convention in Tampa, Fla. [NYTimes]
- Afghanistan: A suicide bomber in Kabul killed six NATO troops and two Afghan soldiers over the weekend; the assault comes days ahead of a major White House review of its Afghan strategy.
- Washington/Economy: The much-debated tax agreement will probably pass easily in the Senate, but House Democrats are eager to raise the proposed tax rate on estates in their final version of the bill. [WSJ]
- Sports: Brett Favre is doubtful for tonight's postponed game against the Giants in Detroit. [ESPN]
- New York: A New York man is clinging to life after getting stuck between a #4 subway and the hydraulic platform extender at the Union Square station for nearly 30 minutes. More photos after the jump... [NYPost]