You know how gas stations have a lot of warnings? Yea, I always thought they were stupid, too. But it's actually because gas stations contain tons of the most flammable shit on Earth.
This guy didn't listen, and just sparked up a smoke because when you're jonesing, I guess, safety second.
Fox News has the full story.
Police said 37-year-old Austin Dawkins held up a cigarette lighter too close to the gas pump as he was filling up his truck at a Gulf Food Mart on Grant Street. After flames erupted from the gas tank, Dawkins is seen pulling the flaming nozzle from the truck. The spewing stream of fire is seen splashing on to and eventually engulfing Dawkins' 30-year-old wife Jessica.
I guess he was trying to stop the flow of gas, but wow. What an idiot.