The situation, via Lululemon:
“We have determined that certain shipments of product received from our factories and available in store from March 1, 2013 do not meet our technical specifications. The items affected are certain styles of women’s bottoms in our signature black Luon fabric. The ingredients, weight and longevity qualities of the pants remain the same but the coverage does not, resulting in a level of sheerness in some of our women’s black Luon bottoms that falls short of our very high standards.
Over the past weekend we pulled all of the affected black Luon women’s bottoms from our stores, showrooms and e-commerce site and are working with our supplier to replace the fabric and our other manufacturers to replace these key items as quickly as possible. We believe the affected items represented approximately 17% of all women’s bottoms in our stores and for the near term there will be a shortage of these styles available to our guests.”
Yep. SEE THROUGH YOGA PANTS, BROS. Let that sink in. SEE THROUGH YOGA PANTS, BROS. OK. We've said it twice. But doesn't that sound amazing? In the meantime, the company has put online a pretty comprehensive FAQ on the situation. A few details from the company, via the Wall Street Journal:
- Lululemon “first began to understand the extent of the issue on Monday, March 11th as part of our weekly call with store managers.”
- Anybody who purchased the since March 1 can bring them back for an exchange or full refund
- The company’s clothes are made in Vietnam and Taiwan, and the problem “not the result of changing manufacturers or quality of ingredients”
- The company’s signature luon fabric, which the pants are made of, is “a combination of nylon and Lycra spandex fibres”
- When will the pants be coming back? As soon as possible, Lululemon says, but there’s no firm timeline on the cards. They’ll be giving updates via their website and Facebook page.
Tonight we shall lay our heads on the pillow dreaming fluffy, curvaceous dreams about see-through yoga pants. Bless you, Lululemon.
Top pic via The Chive
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.