In the wake of "The Blind Side's" strong Oscar showing last weekend (a Best Picture nomination and a Best Actress win for Sandra Bullock), it was revealed that NBA star Glen "Big Baby" Davis was one of three finalists to play NFL player Michael Oher in the film. Davis submitted an audition tape but never flew out to L.A. to meet with the producers -- his NBA schedule kept getting in the way. "I was playing, it was at the beginning of the season," he told WEEI this week. "That would've been tough. I would've had to shoot during the summer time, and that was a really important time." (Quinton Aaron, who says he was the worst player on his own high school football team, eventually got the part.) A few daring athletes have tried their hand at acting, albeit with mixed results. Unfortunately, Hulk Hogan, Shaquille O'Neal, and the entire cast of "Eddie" should have stuck to their day jobs. But there are a few standouts. Whether it be a featured role or just a cameo, these are 15 of our favorite movie appearances by athletes.
15. Roger Clemens (MLB pitcher) -- "Kingpin"
14. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (Wrestler) -- "Be Cool"
13. Lance Armstrong (Cyclist) -- "Dodgeball"
12. Jim Brown (NFL running back) -- "Any Given Sunday"
11. Brett Favre (NFL Quarterback) -- "There's Something About Mary"
10. Mike Ditka (NFL linebacker/coach) -- "Kicking and Screaming"
9. Lawrence Taylor (NFL linebacker) -- "Waterboy"
8. Dan Marino (NFL Quarterback) -- "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective"
7. Cam Neely (NHL forward) -- "Dumb and Dumber"
6. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (NBA center) -- "Airplane!"
5. Carl Weathers (NFL linebacker) -- "Rocky"
4. O.J. Simpson (NFL running back) -- "Naked Gun"
3. Bob Uecker (MLB catcher) -- "Major League"
2. Mike Tyson (Boxer) -- "The Hangover"
1. Ray Allen (NBA guard) -- "He Got Game"
Click here for 15 more great athlete appearances in movies, BroBible reader edition Which of your favorites did we leave out? Let us know in the Comments...