On December 7th, Butch Jones was named head football coach at Tennessee. Less than a week later, he’s already the fourth most followed coach on Twitter. The school’s boasting about the achievement, opting to highlight it on the university’s web page.
At 50,222 (as of this morning), Jones trails only Les Miles, Brian Kelly and Mark Richt.
1. Les Miles, LSU (@LSUCoachMiles): 87,118
2. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame (@CoachBrianKelly): 81,162
3. Mark Richt, Georgia (@MarkRicht): 54,436
4. Butch Jones, Tennessee (@UTCoachJones): 46,805
5. Steve Sarkisian, Washington (@CoachSark): 43,120
6. Dan Mullen, Mississippi State (@CoachDanMullen): 41,621
7. Mike Leach, Washington State (@Coach_Leach): 40,282
8. Bo Pelini, Nebraska (@BoPelini): 39,865
9. Bret Bielema, Arkansas (@BretBielema): 39,728
10. Will Muschamp, Florida (@CoachWMuschamp): 34,661
Sadly, Alabama head man Nick Saban does not use Twitter. I can only imagine the interaction he’d have with degenerate Crimson Tide fans if he used the medium…but I digress.
A brief sample of Jones’ Twitter account suggests he’s one of those people who just retweets followers who beg for some birthday love. So he’s pretty much the worst kind of Twitter user.
I only hope he’s better at coaching than he is at social media.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.