Bros, Bros: Back in the middle of March, we got really, really excited when Samsung announced it's plans for the Galaxy s4, the powerful generational upgrade to the best-selling Anroid phone, the s3. If you just graduated college, this is the perfect smartphone on the market to handle all your work-life needs. If you're still brainstorming ideas for a graduation present for a recent grad, the s4 is a perfect option.
Besides the usual The s4 features a 13-megapixel camera with nifty shooting modes like "Eraser Mode" and "Dual Shot," so you'll will never miss the opportunity to capture a memory. With WatchOn, new grads will impress friends by showing off how their new Galaxy S 4 can double as a remote to control the TV or DVD player. And, with the ‘Group Play’ function, Grads can enjoy music, photos, documents and games with those around them without even requiring a Wi-Fi.
Here's a few more highlights of this kick-ass phone for Bros:
- The nitty-gritty engine: A 1.6GHz, 8-core Samsung Exynos processor, 2GB of RAM, and running the Android 4.2.2. Jelly Bean OS.
- A brighter, crisper 5-inch Super AMOLED display with a 1080p resolution and 440 pixels-per-inch. Compare that to the SIII's 4.8-inch display, 720p resolution, and 306 PPI display.
- Air View: Use your finger to hover over something you want to see (i.e.: an e-mail, photo, Tweet, etc.) and a preview will pop up. No touching nessecary.
- About that 13-megapixel camera with all sorts of bells and whistles. It's perhaps the most head-turning feature of the phone. With the ramped up processing power, you can now use the front and rear cameras at the same time. The new modes include a Sound and Shot mode to record audio with a photo, a "Drama Shot" mode that captures a movement sequence, and Cinema Mode, which basically creates an animated GIF for you.
- Smart Scroll: Well, it's not the rumored "eye-sensors" that everyone thought Samsung would wow with. But Smart Scroll does use your head placement and how you’re holding the phone to gauge when you need to scroll.
- Smart Pause: The GS 4's "eye-sensors" can automatically pause videos when you're not looking at the screen and resumes when you return. Seems super handy for BroBible browsing.
- Health Tracking: There's a built-in pedometer to track distance walked and stairs climbed, along with a diet tracker to crunch calorie data. No need to go with third-party apps through Google Play. It sounds like Samsung will unveil something similar to the Nike Fuel Band to log heart activity, along with other vitals.
- Universal remote: The GS 4has an IR blaster, so you can use it to control your TV at home. Bye, bye trips to the Time Warner store when your roommates accidentally misplace the remote in an empty pizza box. Yes, this happened to us once.
- Translator: Dozens of apps out there for this, but it's about time someone incorporates Douglas Adam's babblefish concept into a smartphone.
Today we're thrilled to announce that we've teamed up with Samsung to giveaway to giveaway ONE Samsung Galazy S 4 Smartphone. All you have to do is follow the instructions in the Punchtab widget below.