Ever watch something on TV and INSTANTLY know it's gold ? That's what I felt exactly eight years ago today, when I first saw "Tommy Cheeseballs" on MTV "True Life:" "I Have a Summer Share." Perhaps the impetus that put the wheels in motion for the production of "The Jersey Shore," it's perhaps the greatest "True Life" episode in MTV history. If you haven't seen the entire episode check it out. Tribute and embedded video of the full episode below.
Confession: Perhaps I may have a bias to this episode because I'm a frequent visitor of the Jersey Shore,but any bro should get a few laughs out of Tommy's antics. How could you not? If you ask me, the kids on "Jersey Shore" owe a piece of their earnings to Tommy "Cheeseballs" Perna of Elmwood Park. MTV execs knew they stumbled upon a gem when they filmed this and came back for more. My personal favorite moments:
1. "Where's my cheeseballs?" -- The line he's known for.
2. The introductions: Anthony, Jeff, Mike, Michelle, Skinny, Old School Kim, Cousin Vinny and The Other Michelle. What a crew! No exaggerations on how outlandish the names are. I've encountered names like Donnie Damage, Petey Marlins, Gracie 21 Murders, Primo,Kenny Hammer,Bates, Gionna and Paulie .... in the same weekend.
3. $ TOMMY $ - Quick shot that anyone who hasn't seen this 20 times may miss. This is what displays on his radio dashboard. Would you expect anything less?
4. "You're in the Dickey Doo club. You're belly hangs out further than you're dickey doo." - Epic.
5. "I'm about to take this place by storm." - That he did.
Enjoy your steak "sangggwhiches" and get at me on Twitter -- @triangle_and_2 -- with other tv gems.