A few scattered thoughts about this new Halo 4 trailer:
1. For the first time ever, we see Master Chief's face! Of course, he's 10 years old, but, hey, it's better than nothing.
2. Remember when Peter Jackson was on board to direct a Halo movie based on a spec script that "blew away" Steven Spielberg? And then there were concerns that the budget would be too big? And then Jackson decided to instead stretch "The Hobbit" out into three movies? Sigh.
3. This looks like this may end up being one of the first genuinely scary games in a series that's always focused more on first-person action than mood and mystery. Those final two scenes seem like something almost out of Gears of War, no?
4. I'm thinking "Fight Club" and "The Social Network" director David Fincher's involvement in this might have been about as prolonged as, say, Jay-Z in NBA 2K13. But video game companies have loved to attach themselves to the big names lately, so here we are.
5. Finally, thoughts on this: Better or worse than the famous Halo 3 trailer?
Kind of a toss-up for me.