Forbes has released its now-annual Electronic Cash Kings 2014 list ranking the biggest earners in the EDM world. A study earlier this summer concluded that, as an industry, EDM is worth at least six billion dollars, so there’s plenty of coin to go around for the scene’s titans.
According to Forbes, the industry’s top ten earners can made a combined $268 million this year, which is up 11% from $241 million last year. That’s a lot of money for showing up to a festival or Vegas nightclub to press play on an Ableton set that you’ve loaded up on your private jet, but such is the world that we live in.
It’s safe to say that being a DJ can be a pretty lucrative career if you’re good at making dope beats and face-melting drops. Who needs that fancy piece of paper called a college diploma when you can make a living off plugging your MacBook Pro into a sweet sound system.
10. Deadmau5 – $16 million a year
9. Skrillex – $16.5 million a year
8. Kaskade – $17 million a year
7. Zedd – $21 million a year
6. Afrojack – $22 million a year
5. Steve Aoki – $23 million a year
4. Tiesto – $28 million a year
3. Avicii – $28 million a year
2. David Guetta – $30 million a year
1. Calvin Harris – $66 million a year
Sad to see that Divici didn’t make the list. Next year, Bro.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.