When the Jets traded for Antonio Cromartie in the offseason, they made an usual up-front payment of 500,000 of the cornerback's $1.7 million salary. The reason? Cromartie needed to pay child support on his seven children, from six women, in five different states, and was short on cash. So after tackling the Rex Ryan factor and the Darrelle Revis factor in episode 1 of “Hard Knocks” last week, it was all but certain that episode 2 would touch somehow on Cromartie's family life. Sure enough, there was one of his little girls rushing into Cromartie's arms after practice; and then, an even more magical “Hard Knocks” moment: Cromartie trying to name all seven of his children. How did he do? Let's just say that he certainly knows their ages. Watch the video after the jump.
- Damien Woody's “Practice? Practice?!” speech that eerily channeled Jim Mora's “Playoffs? Playoffs?!” post-game news conference.
- Mark Sanchez complaining about the pizza place charging 59 cents for ranch dressing. By the way, Mark, McDonald's now charges for stuff like Sweet N Sour sauce.
- Can we get a Mark Brunnell daughter photo, please? She is 18. Also, how long before Sanchez hits that?
- “God I love being right.” —Rex Ryan about LT. Did that coach look like he had just swallowed a canary, or what? Something makes us think LT should be climbing up your Fantasy Football rankings
- Did you know that Shakeweights don't have batteries in them? It's completely hand operated. Didn't know that.
- “He's dropped his nuts.” —Ryan on Drew Coleman. Hilarious. Also, how great was it that they told Rob Turner to pick a fight with him?
- “Fire emergency” in the New Meadowlands Stadium — off to an auspicious start.
- As a Giants fan (yep) who missed the Monday night game, I can't wait to see more that #3 Victor Cruz, who is decidely not a backup option quarterback.