5. When Modern Warfare 3 Launched, Over 1.4 Billion Multiplayer Call Of Duty Matches Had Been Played
Billions (not millions)…BILLIONS of Call of Duty multiplayer matches had already been played way before Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops 2 or even the upcoming Ghosts had even come out. 1.4 billion matches in total, which is way more than all recorded conflicts in human history combined.
4. Call Of Duty’s Daily Players Could Fill 80 Of The World’s Largest Sports Stadiums
In the days of Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2, Activision logged over 5 million people playing Call of Duty at once. That’s much greater than the population of nearly every city in the United States, other than New York.
3. Modern Warfare Was The First M Rated Call Of Duty Game
It’s amusing how they rate game violence – World War II violence is tame enough to be rated T, but modern day nukes definitely fall under an M rating.
2. 32.3 Quadrillion Shots Have Been Fired In Call Of Duty
Yes, Quadrillion is a word and YES, 32.3 Quadrillion shots have been fired in Call of Duty. There’s less stars in the Milky Way than there are shots being fired in Call of Duty games.
1. One Hundred Million People Have Played Call Of Duty
100 Million people have played Call of Duty, which pretty much means if everyone who’s ever played Call of Duty formed a country, they’d have a greater population than Germany, France and the UK. They’d also be a pretty badass military threat – since that’s a larger population than most countries.
For more video game news, head over to Soletron.