OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. The official gameplay trailer for Grand Theft Auto V is here, revealing the first in-game footage for Rockstar's signature open-world. I can't wait to play as Trevor -- who might just be Charlie Kelly as a degenerate video game character -- and explore GTA's huge, ridiculous version of Southern California. This is going to be FUN.
A few bullet-point highlights worth drawing your attention to, via HuffPo UK:
- Mini-games including tennis, cycling, diving, hunting (of deer? or llamas?), bounty hunting, stock trading - you're not going to get bored in Los Santos
- The graphics are ridiculous. That Rockstar is getting this to work on Xbox 360 or PS3 is just incredible.
- Customization is a huge deal in GTA 5 - with cars, clothing and weapons all included with dozens of different options
- Flight looks simple and fun, and kinetic
- Lots of focus on game mechanics and how they've improved - driving and shooting in particular look tightened up and thoughtful
- Trevor - the lunatic killer of the three protagonists - smashing a limb into a toilet is hideously disturbing. He's the wildcard here. CAN'T WAIT to play as him
- Cutting between vantage points mid-mission, to provide sniping support and escape routes looks neatly done - and is hopefully flexible enough to allow for new tactics
I pre-ordered this months ago when I bought Bioshock Infinite, but I can't say it enough: