Every time someone mentions the word porn, a million people jump up to say how terrible it is, what is wrong with it, and why it needs to be shut down.
Did you ever wonder if those people were speaking for themselves or for the ten people who actually believe those things? The porn industry isn’t going anywhere for the next few hundred thousand years.
Last year alone, the porn industry brought in revenue of $13 billion. Not million, billion. That number alone is more than Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and Ralph Lauren combined. Hell, it is more than Starbucks made in 2012. That alone tells us the industry is here to stay.
Starting in the Spring of 2014, Porn Studies will become a peer-reviewed academic journal that we will be able to read and take note of the monster of the porn industry. It is the first time anyone has ever accomplished such a feat and for that we want to give you something to tickle your brain.
Here is a list of 25 interesting facts about porn you didn’t know about.
HEYYY... LIKE BroBible on Facebook here!!!
25. In 2001, there were around 70,000 adult websites. Today, just 12 years later, they are more than 4.2 million pornographic websites in the US alone. It does not take a math major to figure out that increase is tremendous. Either people are lying about porn or people are lying about porn.
24. Male porn performers do not bring home all that much bacon. They can make more money performing in gay porn than straight porn, as much as three times as much per film. The term you are looking for is gay for pay.
23. At any second of the day, worldwide, almost as much as 30,000,000 unique visitors are viewing porn. So when you are sitting around the house during the day and think you are the only person creepy enough to be porn surfing, think again. In fact, for a 30 second porn clip, almost a million people have joined in on the action.
22. What feature on the female body do you think men focus on during a porn viewing? It isn’t the ass, breasts, or legs. It is the face. Of all the body parts to stare at during the moment, men would rather chose to look at the women’s face. That is a bit ironic, don’t you think?
21. The majority of porn websites, free and paid, feature videos and clips they purchased from other developers. A small percentage of porn sites actually include original content.
20. If you have A-Cup breasts or smaller, don’t worry about getting seen in Australia. They have a ban on pornography featuring women with tiny breasts. There is def a good Australian porn joke in here somewhere.
19. The most searched porn related word in America is MILF. The second most searched is Teen. Unfortunately for all the betters at home, anal comes in at tenth.
18. For every man that thinks he can start a career in porn, nice try. Unless you have connections or a smoking hot woman willing to join you, guy’s chances of becoming a porn star are slim to none. There is one other way but you need to ask Ron Jeremy about that.
17. Even if it is illegal to broadcast pornography in some countries, if you stay at a hotel, they are exempt to satisfy all international visitors. Besides, close to 70% of room service revenue comes from ordering porn. So don’t be bashful, everyone is doing it.
16. The largest porn network in the world sets up shop in Canada. Really? Those crazy Canucks had to be good at something else besides hockey and it looks like we just found it.
15. Almost 60% of Mississippi is white but the number one most searched porn term is ebony followed by gay black. Did we just end racism in Mississippi?
14. Which state in the United States has the largest consumption of porn per capita? Utah. That’s right folks, that was not a typo. Utah has the largest consumption of porn per capita in the US. Bet you didn’t see that one coming.
Click below to continue reading.