Policy Effective Date: August 3, 2015
The BroBible Site is a website and may serve, if we so elect, as a hub for users to post content, participate in contests, and to enjoy the content posted by BroBible and other users. The content, our video player, and any other features, tools, materials, or other services offered in connection with the BroBible Sites from time to time by BroBible on any device or platform are referred to collectively as the “BroBible Services.”
The Policy describes:
- The information we collect and how we collect it;
- What we do with the information we collect;
- Information sharing and disclosure;
- How you can access and update your information;
- How we protect information;
- Linked sites and advertisements;
- Users from outside the United States;
- How to contact us;
- Your California privacy rights;
- No rights of third parties; and
- Changes to this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Collect It
How we collect and store information depends on the BroBible Services you use and the devices you use to access the BroBible Services. You can use some of the BroBible Services without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below.
We may collect information about you during your use of the BroBible Services, including your name, username, password, email address, and information you provide or post on the BroBible Services or allow us to access when you do certain things, such as:
- Enter registration information for the BroBible Services;
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
- Participate in voting or polling activities;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters);
- Sign up to receive SMS (text message) notifications;
- Download or use one of our mobile applications;
- Connect with the BroBible Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via Facebook and other social networking services (collectively, “social networking services”); or
- Post content to or on the BroBible Services.
We may also combine information that we collect from you with information we obtain about you from third parties and information derived from any other service we provide.
Please be careful whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the BroBible Services, such as via social networking sites or in comments you post, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge.
Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies
When you use the BroBible Services, we use persistent and session cookies and other tracking technologies to: (a) store your username and password; (b) analyze the usage of the BroBible Services; (c) customize the BroBible Services to your preferences; and (d) control the advertising displayed by the BroBible Services. We may also use other Internet technologies, such as Flash technologies, Web beacons or pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of the BroBible Services (including to serve you ads when you are on other websites or the Internet when we can access those cookies). We also may include Web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the BroBible Services. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
Third Party Advertising and Your Choices
Device Location Information
We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the BroBible Services), and may use that information to customize the BroBible Services with location-based information, advertising, and features. For example, if you provide a zip code that indicates that you live in Chicago, the BroBible Services may be customized with Chicago-specific information and advertisements. In order to do this, your location information may be passed along to our Affiliates, agents, vendors or advertisers. If you access the BroBible Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
What We Do With The Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To send you alerts or other communications;
- To notify you about new features of the BroBible Services, special events, or products, services, and special offers;
- To administer sweepstakes and contests;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To attribute content that you make available through the BroBible Services;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the BroBible Services;
- To improve the content and features of the BroBible Services or develop new BroBible Services;
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you see on the BroBible Services;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the BroBible Services; and
- To administer and troubleshoot the BroBible Services.
The BroBible Services are supported by advertising revenue. We will send you commercial email on behalf of ourselves, our affiliates, and advertisers. Each such email we send you will have an opt-out that you can use to stop receiving such communications.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will make your information available to other companies, websites, applications or people in the circumstances described below:
- We may share your information with any affiliate or agent of BroBible in order to provide the BroBible Services or advertising or to communicate with you on our behalf.
- When you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may also be provided to our sweepstakes or contest advertisers, operators, or sponsors and the use of that information will be also governed by those advertisers’, operators’, or sponsors’ privacy policies or practices.
- We may disclose your information in response to requests from law enforcement authorities, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Your information may also be transferred to a trustee or other person in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy or other insolvency event.
How You Can Access and Update Your Information
You may review and update certain user profile information by logging in to the relevant portions of the BroBible Services where such information may be updated (if available) or by contacting us at email@example.com.
How We Protect Information
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are completely impenetrable.
Linked Sites and Advertisements
The BroBible Services may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites.
Users from Outside the United States
BroBible prohibits registration or subscription by, and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age.
Attention: Legal Department
Woven Digital, Inc.
10381 Jefferson Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Rights of Third Parties