Travel app Triposo, which has over 3.5 million users, recently conducted a survey of almost 1000 people regarding drinking, hooking up, and general scandalous behavior when studying abroad. Below are some of their findings, which you better not show to your paranoid parents.
1. Only 2% of people say they are looking to hook up while traveling abroad, but...
2. 70% admitted to some form of fraternization abroad
3. One in four people admit to one-night stands
4. 6% of people admit to cheating on their significant other while abroad... 5% broke up with their significant other while abroad men were twice as likely to cheat
5. No room, no problem! 17% hooked up in a public place while abroad
6. Body language: 16% say they hooked up with someone who didn’t speak their language
7. Now is not the time to embark on an international male gigolo career. Almost 6% of men admitted to soliciting sex while abroad, no women admitted to it though.
8. Six poor souls let us know they contracted an STD abroad...
DRUGS AND BOOZE
9. Only 6% of people say they are looking to drink while traveling, but...
10. 60% admitted to some form of questionable (or fun) behavior while drinking abroad
11. More than one in every five people admit to urinating in public while drunk
12. More than one in every ten people admitted to vomiting in public
13. 12% say drunken escapades have led to hurting oneself or someone else
14. 9% of people say drinking led to them waking up in an unusual place
15. Men were 7 times more likely to tell us about waking up in an unusual place
16. 7% admit to being thrown out of a bar
17. 5% say drinking led to naked escapades in public
RUN-INS WITH THE LAW
18. 1 in 10 reported being stopped at the border
19 2% admitted to being arrested in a foreign country
20. About 15% admitted to buying or using drugs while abroad
21. 21% admit to stealing while traveling
22. About 15% admitted to buying or selling drugs
23. Almost 14% trespassed
24. 6% admitted to smuggling contraband
25. Luckily, less than 2% have been arrested