eCollegeFinder just shot over a fairly fascinating map showing each state’s largest university by enrollment. I like to think of it as a handy way to judge who’d win if college rivals actually cut the bullshit and went to war: Alabama has the upper hand over Auburn; the cadets of Texas A&M have the manpower against UT; and the stormin’ Mormons of BYU are beating the godless heathens of the University of Utah on paper. And UCF is just DOMINATING Florida.
Some more stats:
- Total Population for all 50 Universities – 1,563,376 Students
- Largest – Arizona State University – 73,378 Students
- Smallest – University of Maine – 10,901 Students
- Average Size – 31,267 Students
- 6% of the Nation’s population aged 18-23 attends one of these 50 universities (there are 4,495 colleges in America)
- These 50 Universities would be the 5th largest city in America
- The total population of all 50 schools is higher than 11 States (Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming)
- The total population of all 50 schools is higher than 89 countries
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.